2019 Conference Details
You’re Invited to the 2019 Youth Exploring Stewardship Conference!
What: A two-day leadership experience, where youth environmental leaders from around the Front Range will…
- Participate in hands-on stewardship and fun outdoor activities
- Learn outdoor skills CPR, plant identification, and fishing
- Explore future academic and career opportunities in stewardship, environmental education, and conservation
- Take their leadership skills to the next level
- Help set the direction of youth leadership and stewardship for the Front Range
- Make new friends, and have fun outside!
Where: Cal-Wood Education Center, near Jamestown, CO
When: October 5th and 6th, 2019
Participation in the conference is free. Meals, lodging, transportation, and gear are provided. Applications are due Sunday, September 22nd.
2018 Conference Summary:
The first annual Youth Exploring Stewardship Conference was held on October 13, 2018 at Cal-Wood Education Center outside Jamestown, Colorado. The conference was free and open to high-school-aged youth who were already involved in stewardship and environmental leadership or who were interested and looking to learn more.
The YES Conference focused on connecting diverse youth, giving youth the tools and resources to take their engagement to the next level, and building a regional culture of stewardship. Youth had the chance to lead one another in restoration work, met with and learned from professionals in a variety of relevant fields, and participated in workshops on topics ranging from botany and fire ecology to equity and inclusiveness.
Because the YES Coalition is focused on meeting the real needs of young people, the conference agenda was determined with input from youth themselves. With 16 organizations involved in the coalition, we were able to solicit feedback from a diverse range of young people.