WHO ARE WE?
We are the YES Coalition’s YAC – or the Youth Exploring Stewardship Coalition’s Youth Advisory Council. We are 10 high school students from across Colorado who are passionate about nature and stewardship, and are ready to make an active difference in our communities. We serve multiple-month renewable terms. We live in rural Colorado, urban cities, and everywhere in between. We represent many aspects of Colorado’s youth community including diverse cultures and backgrounds.
We provide youth consulting for organizations (for profit, government, non-profit) which in turn promotes the youth voice on stewardship and environmental issues. This allows youth to build leadership skills and experience, collaborate with and learn from peers, plan the annual YES Youth Conference, and get to know individuals from all sorts of stewardship organizations doing amazing work for Colorado.
WHAT DO WE DO?
WHY DO WE DO IT?
We do this work because we are invested in our communities and believe that all people are stewards of this planet. We know that youth bring creative insight and solutions to problems that our communities face. We also know their voice is often left out or there are disconnects in accessibility of getting their voices heard. And we know how helpful it is for our futures to gain leadership and organizing experience.
- Leadership Experience
- Networking Opportunities with Outdoor Stewardship Organizations
- Project Management and Event Management Experience
- Access to new people and new ideas
- To be a part of Something Bigger
- To introduce others to Nature, Stewardship, and Environmental Opportunities
- A $100 Term Completion Stipend if you are chosen to & follow through on serving a full term on the YES Youth Advisory Council!
WHAT DO WE GET OUT OF IT?
How can you be involved?
I am a student
Are you currently in 8th-12th grade? Apply to join the YAC! Youth Applications are accepted on a rolling basis
I work with students
Share the application widely, and encourage students to apply.
Join a Pitch Night
- Attend the next Pitch Night! Check back for the date and time of the upcoming Pitch Night, or sign up to get our updates below.
- Have a project you want to showcase and get input on from the youth at Pitch Night? Fill out the Project Application to be considered for an upcoming round of the YAC.
- Even if you don’t have a project to solicit feedback on, we’d love for our YES Coalition members to join in on the fun as observers. Let Natasha or Maddy know if you’d like to observe or volunteer to support facilitation (facilitation is a 3 hour commitment: 1 hr of prep, 2 hrs of work the night of).